CCA’s Criteria Kindergarten – 12th Grades
- Must have a diagnosis limited to LD (Learning Disabled), ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or Speech/Language.
- Achievement levels in Language Arts and/or Math may not be more than two years below child’s grade placement. (Achievement levels are based on Standardized test data determined valid by ARC Director.)
- Students with a McKay Scholarship must have a Matrix score ranging from 251 to 253.
- Full-scale I.Q. score no lower than 85. No margin of error will be calculated.
- At the discretion of ESE staff, a student may be placed in all regular education classes, as long as he/she is not more than two achievement levels below grade placement in Language Arts or Math.
- **CCA Autism Program applicants are excluded from these criteria.
McKay Scholarship (ESE Mainstream Students)
This scholarship is for students with disabilities. If the student is a new applicant to CCA, please provide the following information along with the registration:
- Most recent report card, FCAT and/or SAT testing
- Most recent IEP or 504
- Most recent Psycho-Educational Evaluation
- ESE Programs/Services student has received (past and present)
- Your student’s application will not be processed without these documents.
State of Florida’s Eligibility Criteria for McKay Scholarship
To be considered for the McKay Scholarship, the student must have an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan, must be entering grades K - 12, and must have spent the prior school year in attendance at a Florida public school in accordance with requirement and definitions established by Florida Senate Bill 256. Only students that were counted in the October and February FTE Surveys at a public school site during the prior school year are eligible for initial eligibility.
- Parent must file an intent before the student is withdrawn from the public school.
Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice
K5 – 12th Grades Step Up For Students
This scholarship is a Florida Tax Credit (FTC) Scholarship Program. FTC Scholarships are awarded to pay an amount, that is still to be determined, annually per child for private school tuition for eligible low-income families.
Step Up For Students Eligibility Criteria:
- Your total household income must be equal to or less than the amount established by the guidelines by the Step Up For Students program.
- Students entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or by September 1st of the year of the scholarship award.
- A child entering first grade must be 6 on or before September 1st of the year of the scholarship award.
Step Up for Students
K5-12th Grades Gardiner Scholarship
The Gardiner Scholarship Program provides eligible students a scholarship that can be used to purchase approved services or products in order to design a customized educational program for the student. Scholarships can be used for specialized services such as speech or occupational therapy, instructional materials, tuition at an eligible private school, contributions to a college prepaid account and more. The program is directly administered by state-approved nonprofit scholarship funding organizations.
For eligibility criteria and more information on how to apply, please visit the following website: https://www.stepupforstudents.org/for-parents/special-needs/how-the-scholarship-works/